Sunny 2.5 bedroom apartment in a grand, century old brick house. Experience an historic NYC neighborhood with Caribbean flavor. Clean, minimal, and natural living space.
We are looking for excellent long term renters for 1750/month.
Welcome to our home.
The space is newly renovated and filled with sun. It comes fully furnished. There are two bedrooms, each have one full bed. The master bedroom connects to a small office/studio space.
We live in a century old brick house, built pre-war with re-furnished hardwood floors.
Accès des voyageurs
The code to the apartment will be programmed to be the last four digits of your phone number. Easy check in!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Joseph and I work full time jobs during the week, but we are home during the weekend. We live in an apartment upstairs. We will be available for conversation anytime, and enjoy showing our guests around. We've been hosting since the summer of 2014, and we love the lifestyle. Our lives have been enriched by the great people we've me. Let us know if you need anything at all.
For stays of more than 5 days, we will need to drop in to water the plants. Don't worry, we will do it at a time that's convenient for you.
Our neighbors are family-oriented and fun-loving. Friday and weekend afternoons are a time when music is often played loudly from the windows.
Expect a manageable amount of street noise as you would in any New York neighborhood.
Please note: The space is for travelers who need a quiet space to rest and relax. The space is not for throwing parties or having a ton of people over. This is our home; please respect that.
We will NOT extend an invitation to make a booking request to anyone who doesn't have his or her profile completed with 1) a personal photo 2) Airbnb verification and 3) a few notes about yourself so that we have an idea of whom we might be inviting into my home.
- Shoes off at the door please. NYC streets are disgusting!
- No smoking, no pets, no drugs, and no additional guests.
- Please respect our space and our neighbors -- be tidy and quiet (especially, if you come home late).
- Please do a light sweep of the rooms, and take the trash out back before you leave.
-Please wash any dishes you use right away -- we don't want to attract critters or bugs!
- Take a look at the guidebook I have created for off the beaten path things to do in NYC, as well as things around the neighborhood!
- Switch off lights when you are not in the room.
- Make sure gas stove is turned completely off if you use the kitchen.
- Lock the front door when you leave and come in! It does not automatically close behind you.
- Please treat our apartment with care - we would hate to have to take money out of the security deposit for damages.
- Quiet at night.
- Follow the golden rule.
I'm a New Yorker by way of the Midwest. I've lived all over this city for three years and it's home. I moved here to be with my wife.
I work for a robotics startup now. From 2010-2012, I served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Senegal. I did a lot of agricultural work and I'm also fluent in Wolof. If you're interested in exploring Little Senegal in Manhattan, or trying some Senegalese food in the Bronx, let me know!
I enjoy getting to know new people and cultures.