Unique large flat in 120 yr old house. 2 bedrooms, full kitchen & queen size futon. 3 minute walk away from grocery, liquor, busses, banks, & restaurants. Comfortably accommodates 4, less-comfortably accommodates 6!
Extras: local cell phone, Netflix, android tablet and Bluetooth speaker for guests to use
QEII Hospital - 15 min walk.
Downtown/Waterfront - 35 min walk.
Myself and my rentals are 2SLGBTQ+ friendly & anti-racist. Flat is not wheelchair accessible; there are 2 flights of stairs.
The apartment fits 4 people comfortably with two bedrooms featuring queen size beds with memory foam mattresses in both. There is a living room (with pull out sofa that can sleep 2), and a separate dining room. Kitchen is fully outfitted for meals at home, all you need are the groceries. The apartment has 1 full bathroom with clawfoot tub. Towels, blowdryer, shampoo/soap, etc. are available as well!
We love the location because it easy access to downtown and major attractions but still in a quiet neighbourhood on a gated street. On major bus routes and it's a 5 minute cab (or 35 min walk) to downtown and we have parking (parking limited in winter months). Some people think that is close to downtown and some people find it far. All depends on your perspective.
Accès des voyageurs
Guest access is from the front door of the house and up the stairs to the 2nd floor. The staircase to your flat is shared with the entrance to another airbnb.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I live in the flat below (bonus, you'll never be locked out!). I give an initial tour of the space and then it's all yours. I'll leave a "Halifax Manual" in the space with all necessities and recommendations listed (WIFI password, fave restaurants, emergency info, etc.) but am certainly free by phone or text to answer any questions you may have.
If anything breaks or you need anything extra, just give me a buzz and I'll take care of you.
Most of all - I hope you have a wonderful visit to my home. I will do my best to ensure that you have everything you need, and hope you'll let me know if there's anything I can do to make it even better!
Upcoming Local Events!
In The Dead of Winter Music Festival, January 2017
Canada Day in Halifax-Dartmouth, July 1, 2017
Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo, July 2017
Maritime Fiddle Festival, July 2017
TD Halifax Jazz Festival, July 2017
Lebanese Festival, July 2017
Halifax Pride Festival, July 2017
Halifax International Busker Festival, July 2017
Halifax Seaport Beerfest, August 2017
Atlantic Fringe Festival, August-September 2017
Atlantic Film Festival, September 2017
Halifax Electronic Live Music Festival (HELM), September 2017
Nocturne, October, 2017
Hal-Con, November, 2017
As well as year round attractions like Peggy's Cove, The Halifax Waterfront, Citadel Hill, The Central Library, The Public Gardens, and more!
We are LGBTQ2 friendly and anti-racist. We recycle and use only unscented laundry detergent. Please be warned that this is a 2rd floor apartment, the only way up is 2 short flights of stairs. There is one (1) free parking space included. But might be limited in winter months due to snow.
We want you to feel comfortable and enjoy yourself. Please go over these house rules in advance of your check in. Thanks!
1. No pets.
2. No smoking in the apartment. Smoking is allowed on the deck, no problem, just please use the provided ashtray.
3. Unless otherwise negotiated in advance, check OUT is at 11 am and check IN is anytime after 3 pm to give us time to make sure the place is ship shape and ready for your visit. We can be a very flexible on this, however, so if you need to stay a little later or arrive a little earlier, just discuss it with me and we'll see what we can do!
4. Do not remove any items from the apartment for use while you're here.
5. FOR CHECK OUT: Leave any keys on the key-hook or in the mailbox. Unreturned keys will result in a ~$100 fee.
6. FOR CHECK OUT: Put used towels in the tub, strip used linens from the beds and place in tub, wash any dishes. Turn heat down.
7. FOR BOOKINGS LONGER THAN 5 DAYS: Water plants as needed. If you do not wish to water plants we can arrange a time that is suitable for us to enter an maintain the many plants in this apartment.
8. BE MINDFUL OF POWER USEAGE. When you are not in the apartment turn the heat down and the lights off.
9. If something breaks or is lost inform us right away. Offer to replace or cover the cost of this item.
10. It's quiet after 11PM on 'school nights' (Sunday-Thursday) nights. Please be mindful of other people in the house and our neighbours. You might be on vacation, but the guests above you might be traveling for an early morning conference, and the people below will likely be getting up for work early.
Thanks! Hope hope you enjoy your stay!
Georgia & Lee-Anne
Hi, I'm Georgie. I work in the Halifax Music Industry in sound engineering and Festival Administration (Halifax Jazz Festival, Pop Explosion, In the Dead of Winter, East Coast Music Awards etc). I work for most of the main larger music festivals in the city so pop me a message if you want to go! I have a little dog named Billy and we live in the bottom flat of my airbnb rentals.
My main rental is a large house on Yukon Street - it's 120 years old. It used to sit on a race track back then and was split into three apartments the way it is now. The house is old but it's solid and charming. I've lived in it for 12 years and it's my favorite spot. It's located in the Quinpool district of Halifax, parallel to Quinpool Road - home of several great restaurants.
My airbnbs are unique and charming. I've enjoyed slowly doing renovations for my landlord over the past few years, decorating these flats and hosting guests. There's nothing brand new feeling about the flats - and I love that.
The spaces I keep are important to me, and people who stay in them are important to me too! My spaces are warmly welcoming of LGBTQ+ folks and I am dedicatedly anti-racist.
I use Airbnb when I travel! I've been to Dublin, Spain, Newfoundland and lots of places in Canada while staying in airbnbs. Looking forward to hosting others on their trips to Halifax.