Réponse de Bertrand :
Amanda what a long list of mésavanture !
Amanda, we rent our private villa with a service that I consider flawless as testifies all the other comments we received on this site.
You force me to answer your statements so that future tenants interested do not have this image that you show of our villa.
- Amanda, regarding the bread, we contacted you at the request of our governess because she was worried about whether you did not like this bread that you left untouched few days in a row. Since she does not speak perfect English she wondered if perhaps you prefer something other than this bread.
- Regarding the contract, we have it signed for each rental because we have obligations in Morocco (other rules and other laws) and also with respect to the insurance. Amanda remember, I could’t not send you the contract in advance because you made a very very last minute booking.
- Regarding electricity, it is indeed mentioned in the contract that we offer 40kw/day, which is normally sufficient, including for air conditioning and filtration/cleaning of the pool. But when you arrived in our villa, you contacted me via AIRBNB to request that, although we are in the middle of August, I heated the pool at no less than 31 degrees and that I run the overflow 24/24 because… it's pretty. Amanda, I warned you that this would cause a lot of extra electric-consumption and that electricity in Morocco is very expensive. Via AIRBNB you replied that this was not a concern for you.
- For the patio door, the dripping tap and the odors, Amanda I am surprised that you have not contacted me immediately about those problems, I would have solved them in half a day by calling a worker.
- For the £ 44 it is not for only "two small dishes" but for a large artisanal butter dish and a big bowl that you have broken, and also, more important, for 2 pillowcase fromZara home and 2 pillows, all damaged with large orange spots that do not go (probably the drug drops in the ears). The two pillowcase alone are worth more to them than mere £ 44 euros I asked and we can’t find them anymore, which is a shame because they matched our sheets.
Amanda, the only positive comment you made is about Khadija, who is our governess , our housekeeper, not a maid.
Khadija has reported to us after you left that you were very demanding and rude which made her very sad. She said "during the last 4 years I have worked for you, I've never had such tenants!". Amanda, we first thought that Khadija was exaggerating, but after reading your comment so negative, I believe the words of Khadija now. I find Amanda that you have abused the kindness of Khadija beyond normal by asking her for services that are not provided in the villa like to wash and iron the sheets and towels every day, do the big food & grocery shopping for you, cleaning and tidy up in the morning a mountain of dirty dishes from the last evening, also cooking dinner for her knowing that she is supposed to go home at 3PM, all this without forgetting that you called her at her home at midnight because your husband had a bad ear ....
Amanda, we can offer with pleasure few extra services for free but it should not be abused. We can understand that you really want to do nothing during your vacation, but what you asked unforeseen to Khadija was really too much for 1 person. We could have propose you an extra maid if you had asked us in advance for all those extra services that were absolutely not suposed to be provided
Sincerely Mr. Michels