Aller directement au contenu
Affichage des résultats pour « Rione IV Campo Marzio, Roma, Metropolitan City of Rome »

Choses à faire à Rione IV Campo Marzio, Rome 

Meilleures recommandations des gens du coin

Des sites touristiques aux trésors cachés, découvrez ce qui rend la ville unique avec l'aide des gens du coin qui la connaissent le mieux.
Parc
“Villa Borghese is a large city park in the city of Rome that includes green accommodation of different types, from the Italian garden to the large areas of English style, buildings, small buildings, fountains and lakes. It is the fourth largest public park in Rome (about 80 hectares), after the public part of the Regional Park of Ancient Appia, villa Doria pamphilj and villa Ada and extends largely on the district of Pinociano and in small part on the district Campo Marzio, divided by the Aurelian Walls.”
  • 543 personnes du coin recommandent
Place
“ Piazza di Spagna is one of the most beautiful streets in Rome, connected to via Del Corso, it represents one of the most sought after and affluent tourist centers for Rome.”
  • 148 personnes du coin recommandent
Place
“Piazza del Popolo Between the elegant Pincio, and the banks of the Tevere, Piazza del Popolo yawns into an enormous ellipse. Churches, fountains, monuments, and marble memoirs of historic events in Rome both ancient and modern tastefully embellish the square. Since antiquity, the city's Northern entrance formed a vestibule into the city through the gate in the Aurelian Walls. Though now known as Porta del Popolo, it has had various names over the centuries. Originally called Porta Flaminia by the Emperor Aurelianus who commissioned its construction, during the Early Medieval period, it was called Porta San Valentino, after the nearest Catacomb. Finally the name Porta del Popolo was agreed on, as the church adjoining the gate is Santa Maria del Popolo. Piazza del Popolo itself was known as Piazza del Trullo in the Middle Ages, after the conical fountain which once stood in the centre of the square, reminiscent of a characteristic South-Italian dwelling. Its present name may be due to the poplar tree, known in Latin as "populus" which also meant people, an apt association, as various public events such as fairs, games and dramatic executions were held there. For centuries Piazza del Popolo had a public fountain, a horse trough and a cistern for washerwomen. It was Sixtus V, in 1589, who turned his attention to the square. The Trullo fountain, under the supervision and workmanship of Domenico Fontana, was to be replaced with the Egyptian obelisk of Ramesses II, second in age and height only to the one in San Giovanni,originally brought to the city by the Emperor Augustus, and put in Circus Maximus. Its transportation and installation in Piazza del Popolo gave the square a more regal, less domestic air. Four lions water basin, were added to the obelisk in 1823, during the reign of Pope Leo XII. The next event to prompt work on Piazza del Popolo was the arrival of the Swedish Queen Christina. Desiring to convert to Roman Catholicism, she arrived to Rome in 1655, to a splendid Roman welcome: coming from the North, her first vision was through Porta del Popolo. Bernini had been commissioned to restore the inner façade of the ancient gate in preparation for her arrival. A plaque was placed above the arch, reading: "FELICI FAUSTOQUE INGRESSUI MDCLV" (For a Happy and Propitious Entrance) which remains to this day. Her entrance was so "felicitous" that she never left Rome again. Towards the end of the Seventeen Hundreds, amid the Napoleonic invasion, the ever increasing flood of visitors and pilgrims, descending on Rome through Porta del Popolo, prompted the decision to modernize the square. Till the Eighteen Hundreds, the square had a trapezoidal form which converged on the gate. During the Napoleonic epoch, the French Prefect, Tournon, was head of the "Commission of Embellishments" in Rome. He commissioned Valadier, a Roman architect, to redesign Piazza del Popolo, which he did to stunning effect. Works began in 1816, lasting till 1824 and marked the first time, since the French occupation, that prisoners were not used for works. The project was to take into account the important existing buildings: three churches, Santa Maria Del Popolo, Santa Maria di Montesanto (Saint Mary of Montesanto), Santa Maria dei Miracoli (Saint Mary of Miracles), the obelisk, Porta Del Popolo and Via del Corso, which were to remain untouched. The lateral structures were swept away redefining the square as an ellipse and were replaced by spacious exedras. These supported the fountains of Neptunebetween two tritons, and of the Goddess Roma on either side, added in 1823 during the reign of Pope Leo XII. The square became then accessible from side to side, as well as each end. With a touch of genius, the square was connected to the park on the hill above with a flight of curving steps and ramps, causing the Pincio hill to seem to cascade into the square below. Piazza del Popolo was the last papal contribution to Rome's legendary architecture, and in many ways reflects its splendor, inspiring a sense of awe in the visitor. Emphasizing this supremacy, the three churches dedicated to the Virgin, surrounded the obelisk which, in ancient times had been dedicated to the pagan Sun god. The twin churches at the far end of Piazza del Popolo, which Valadier had incorporated into his plans, had been constructed well over a century earlier. Though initiated by Carlo Rainaldi, they were completed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini with the collaboration of Carlo Fontana. Rainaldi invested the best of his abilities into the design and construction of Santa Maria dei Miracoli. His task was to both inspire and impress travelers entering the city, drawing them across the square to the beauty of the churches beyond. His skill as urban planner was evident. As well as being elevated from the level of the square, the two churches emphasized the elegant lines of the Trident, Via del Babbuino, Via del Corso and Via di Ripetta, radiating out beyond, adding depth and perspective to the overall picture. The observer's attention however, is drawn to the square on the splendid façades and apparent striking symmetry of Santa Maria dei Miracoli and Santa Maria di Montesanto. He also used an element of illusion, as the churches, which appear so similar from a distance, are in fact charmingly individual. Constructing the churches' two façades was no mean feat, as their areas, differed in size, hindered the all important element of symmetry. The problem was overcome using differing dome dimensions. Santa Maria di Montesanto (having a smaller area) has an oval dome, whilst the larger Santa Maria dei Miracoli is circular. The impression from the square however, is of two identical domes. On July 15 1662, the first stone of Santa Maria di Montesanto was laid. After a brief interruption in 1673, construction was continued and completed under the guidance of Bernini and then Carlo Fontana. As both churches were designed with welcoming visitors in mind, their external qualities were prioritized. As well as being monumental scenery, the porticoes of the twin churches, touched with classicism, extended onto the square, breaking with the tradition of the Baroque style, heralding a new architectural age. Fusing the churches with the surrounding square, monuments and streets, creates an harmonious effect, in which one aspect of this body of space, cannot be separated from another. The Church of Santa Maria del Popolo (one of the three churches on the square), was built on the site where, according to tradition, the Emperor Nerowas buried. The church was constructed on request of and paid for by the Roman people (hence the name Saint Mary of the People). Legend tells how Nero's damned spirit was imprisoned in a walnut tree, which had grown above the spot where his body laid. The affrighted neighborhood requested that the tree be burnt down, and a church built there. Dedicated to the Virgin in 1099, it was perceived to have effectively exorcised the area of the ancient and untoward "presences" of demons, witches and uncanny nocturnal sightings of Nero's ghost. The clean simple lines of the Augustinian order in the church's façade was the work of Bernini. Inside are precious paintings by Pinturicchio, Annibale Carracci as well as Caravaggio's moving "Conversion of St Paul" and "Crucifixion of St Peter". Santa Maria del Popolo was the first church in Rome to have a dome with an octagonal tambour. Its brick bell tower in late-Gothic style, is unique too, with a clock, four small pinnacles and characteristic tiling. The Giacomo Acqua barracks, opposite Santa Maria del Popolo were added in the 1823; the small dome was designed to reflect the one of the ancient church, to maintain the square's symmetry. The bars and restaurants on the square are not as historic, as other places of the city, but they are an integral part of Piazza del Popolo, haunted throughout the years by figures dear to Rome, such as Trilussa, Guttuso and Pasolini.”
  • 186 personnes du coin recommandent
Hôtel
“The most important street for the luxury shopping (Bulgari, Buccellati, TODS, Prada, Armani, etc.).”
  • 77 personnes du coin recommandent
Route
“Indicazione come arrivarci: - prendere la metro A e scendere a Piazza del Popolo Indication how to get there: - take metro A and get off at Piazza del Popolo”
  • 91 personnes du coin recommandent
Place
“Square that takes its name from the Iberian embassy there. It is known above all for the surreal and enchanting beauty of the staircase that dominates its scene, that of Trinità dei Monti. At the center of the square "la barcaccia" the small but enchanting masterpiece of Baroque art by Gianlorenzo Bernini.”
  • 129 personnes du coin recommandent
Monuments/Sites célèbres
“The "Pincio" is inside "Villa Borghese", one of the most important parks of Roma. You can relax inside the gardens, watch Roma from here and reach the museum Galleria Borghese which is inside this park”
  • 77 personnes du coin recommandent
Lieu historique
“Pro Tip: Don't sit on the steps, or the guards will yell at you! The surrounding area is full of high-end fashion stores as well.”
  • 57 personnes du coin recommandent
Bed and Breakfast
“This monument dates back to 13-9 BC, made of marble. It was built in Rome by the Emperor Caesar Augustus as a monument to the order and peace of his empire. The structure of the monument was typical of archaic Roman era and the style was traditional mixed archaic art attica. The ara, i.e. the altar itself, was a very simple construction and enclosed by walls of marble decorated. Within the walls there were beaded garlands while outside the wall is decorated on two sides: the lower one shows fitoformi reasons, i.e. plant forms. The upper band shows bas-reliefs with allegorical figures. The side walls depicts the same Augustus who participates in a procession with his entire family, ”
  • 37 personnes du coin recommandent
Restaurant
$$
“Modern healthy bar. Organic food: sandwiches, salads, juices. Nice dehors! Prices: 25,00/35,00€ ”
  • 39 personnes du coin recommandent
Centre commercial
“Is a collection of high-end stores with Italian and international brands in”
  • 33 personnes du coin recommandent
Place
“Piazza di Spagna is one of the most famous images in the world, as well as being one of the most majestic urban monuments of Roman Baroque style”
  • 15 personnes du coin recommandent
Men's Store
“This is the main street of Rome for shopping.You will find all the main international brands such as Zara, H&M,Sephora... and also the little shops for romans. ”
  • 16 personnes du coin recommandent
Café
$
“Founded in 1760. A magnificent café bar, loved by artists and intellectuals. Expensive, but reasonable in such a great venue. Toilet 1€. Coffee 1.70€. Prices: 5,00/25,00€ ”
  • 31 personnes du coin recommandent

Meilleurs restaurants

Restaurant
“Modern healthy bar. Organic food: sandwiches, salads, juices. Nice dehors! Prices: 25,00/35,00€ ”
  • 39 personnes du coin recommandent
Restaurant italien
“From the origins to today, the spirit has remained unchanged. Very traditional restaurant. Thanks to decades of word of mouth, tourists arrive to Rome by having a lunch or a dinner. ”
  • 16 personnes du coin recommandent
Café
“Perfect bar and restaurant with an outdoor terrace overlooking Rome from the top of the Spanish steps. Enjoy a nice Spritz and other Italian delicacies with a view!”
  • 26 personnes du coin recommandent
Restaurant japonais
“Opened inside Palazzo Fendi in the center of Rome, it is the terrace of the trendiest Japanese cuisine lovers in all of Rome.”
  • 26 personnes du coin recommandent
Restaurant végétarien/végétalien
“Traditional, innovative and above all healthy cuisine. Organic fruit produced in the Veio park at zero km. Then you will find inside: bio bar brunch aperitif dinner dinner”
  • 22 personnes du coin recommandent
Restaurant italien
“For those who want to taste the typical Roman cuisine! Small and cozy place, it is necessary to book.”
  • 23 personnes du coin recommandent
Boîte de nuit
“In the biggest Villa in Rome . Villa Borghese. It has the winter and Summer area. Fancy club”
  • 11 personnes du coin recommandent
Restaurant italien
“Gusto Osteria looks up to the recipe of Italian traditional food respecting contents and quality. Gusto offers a wide selection of the best Italian dishes and products such as the selection of Italian cheeses accompanied by mostarda. The variety of wines and sparkling wines is a careful choice of expert sommeliers to accompany the dishes and the research pay homage to the main Italian and foreign producers. ”
  • 10 personnes du coin recommandent

Faites connaissance Rione IV Campo Marzio, Rome

En savoir plus sur Airbnb