Groveland Yosemite Gateway Museum
9 personnes du coin recommandent
Conseils des habitants
Wonderful exhibits, movie about history of local area, and a nice little gift and souvenir shop too. Run entirely by volunteers, located next to the local community park with fun things for kids to do.
Free admission, nice historical displays including [NEW] Grizzly Bear exhibit!
A must visit while you are here! Our great little town has done a wonderful job preserving the history of the area!
Logements à proximité
Les gens du coin recommandent aussi
“For over 30 years, Pizza Factory has stayed true to its roots. Hardworking owners and staff , family - friendly dining, and a high- quality product make them the best pizza in town. ”
- 3 personnes du coin recommandent
Marchand de vins et spiritueux
“Most Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. downstairs in the Groveland Library there is a used book sale at the Book Nook. Most books are in the $1 range and children's books are 25 cents. Find a good book or two and help support the Groveland library!”
- 6 personnes du coin recommandent
“Now in its sixth generation of family ownership, Priest Station has a long and interesting history. Originally a miner’s supply store, it was purchased by Margaret & Alexander Kirkwood in 1853. A few years later, Alexander passed away and left Margaret a young widow. She received 36 marriage proposals and chose Wm. Priest, Yosemite’s first Park Commissioner and an engineer responsible for the Big Oak Flat Road (now Hwy 120) as well as Tioga Pass. Under the Priests’ ownership the property became a stagecoach stop and 22 building hotel complex known for its hospitality, accommodations and table. In 1926, a fire destroyed everything except the well, which still stands today and is the only structure remaining from the 1800s. A few years after the 1926 fire, a new house was built for the next generation of family owners, gradually adding four cabins in the 1940s. This house stood near the roadside and had a front parlor where the public could be served. Cabins, 1940s In 1969 the property was sold and run by various non-family owners who made changes to the property, including the conversion of one cabin into a restaurant after the 1920s front house burned down in the 1980s. Priest Station was re-acquired in 2007 by the Anker Family, the 4th, 5th and 6th generation descendants of the original Priest Family founders. After undergoing complete renovations, Priest Station Cafe opened in August 2009.”
- 14 personnes du coin recommandent
“The Groveland Pharmacy is on the east end of town. It has all the typical pharmacy/drug store essentials. It also has a gift section if you need to pick up a local souvenir. Store Hours: Mon 9:30 am - 6:00 pm Tue 9:30 am - 6:00 pm Wed 9:30 am - 6:00 pm Thu 9:30 am - 6:00 pm Fri 9:30 am - 6:00 pm Sat 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Sun Closed ”
- 4 personnes du coin recommandent