64 personnes du coin recommandent ·
Conseils des habitants
The Domus Aurea ("Golden House" in Latin, precisely because a lot of this precious metal was used in it) was the urban villa built by the Roman emperor Nero after the great fire that devastated Rome in 64 AD. The destruction of a large part of the urban center allowed the princeps to expropriate a…
You can visit this underground and incredibly intact 2000-year old ruin. See such vivid paintings and well-excavated rooms. Ancient artwork, and the octagonal room with oculus in the ceiling that was so clearly a precursor to the Pantheon.
Is one of the 'must' when visiting rome. Just 3 min walking from Colosseo Sunset Aparment inside the Beautifull 'Colle Oppio' Park.
The Domus Aurea (Latin, "Golden House") was a vast landscaped palace built by the Emperor Nero in the heart of ancient Rome after the great fire in 64 AD had destroyed a large part of the city and the aristocratic villas on the Palatine Hill.
Choses uniques à faire à proximité
Logements à proximité
Les gens du coin recommandent aussi
“seek for a bit of fitness while in Rome, Madonna's hard Candy, is just around the corner”
- 7 personnes du coin recommandent
“"The basilica of San Clemente", dedicated to Pope Clement I, rises in the valley between the Esquiline and the Celio, on the route that joins the Colosseum to the Lateran, in the Monti district. It has the dignity of a minor basilica. It is currently governed by the Irish province of the Dominicans. The basilica we see today was built in the 12th century and is connected to the Dominican convent. The complex is of great importance because it is located above ancient underground buildings for two levels of depth, the oldest of which dates back to the 1st century AD. Traces of older Roman constructions belong to a fourth level. These overlaps, which are found in other Roman buildings, occurred in a particularly evident way by virtue of the considerable sedimentations due to the position (the valley between the Esquilino and Celio hills) and to particular historical events (the Neronian fire, the sacking of Robert the Guiscardo). The first two underground levels have been unearthed and consolidated, and today most of them are comfortably accessible and accessible. The wealth of architectural, artistic and historical elements, including the life span of almost the entire Christian era, makes it a unique monument in the history of art in Rome ”
- 101 personnes du coin recommandent
“If you go to visit the Colosseum, do not take a relaxing walk to "Villa Celimontana", a public park whose creation dates back to the sixteenth century. It was subject to transformation in a landscape sense in 1858 by the French architect Pierre Charles L'Enfant (1754-1825) on the initiative of Laura Maria Giuseppa di Bauffremont and again in 1870, with neo-Gothic style interventions, for the last owner Richard von Hoffmann. The villa covers a site from the Flavian and Traianean ages of which there are walls. It contains numerous finds from various eras and origins, including the Egyptian obelisk of Ramses II. Archaeological excavations brought to light in 1889 the Basilica Hilariana and its unique mosaics.”
- 85 personnes du coin recommandent
“"Colle Oppio" is one of the three hills which, with Fagutal and Cispius, constituted Mons Esquilinus. It belongs to the Monti district, of which it constitutes the green lung, and is between via Labicana, via degli Annibaldi, via Cavour, via Giovanni Lanza, via Merulana. The surrounding streets were intensively built between the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, while the archaeological emergencies (what remained, at least, from the looting) were included in the vast Colle Oppio Park, which slopes down towards the Colosseum valley. In 1871, as part of the urban reorganization following the establishment of Rome as the capital, the area was used as public gardens. But it was under the fascist dictatorship, in the years ranging from 1928 to 1936, that Colle Oppio assumed its current structure. The landscape architect Raffaele De Vico was the designer who took care of it. The extension of the gardens is 11 hectares; entrances: viale del Monte Oppio, via delle Terme di Traiano, via Mecenate, via Labicana, via Nicola Salvi, via delle Terme di Tito”
- 76 personnes du coin recommandent
“Entering the huge archeological site of the Roman Forum and strolling through the ruins, you can almost imagine the citizens of Ancient Rome. Of course, it helps to have a guide who can bring the stories to life. The site dates back to around 500 B.C. but was later enlarged. In fact, you’ll see remnants of Imperial Rome extending beyond the limits of the Forum to include Trajan’s Column, the Arch of Titus, and the Circus Maximus, just to name a few. After visiting the Forum, try your luck with the Bocca della Verità, an ancient stone carving of a bearded man’s face. According to myth, it will bite off the hand of anyone not telling the truth”
- 112 personnes du coin recommandent